Identity: Who I Am in Christ
- Say today’s truth (below in BOLD CAPS) 5 times…OUT LOUD
- Say the Scripture passage 5 times…OUT LOUD
- Respond to the Lord concerning this truth using the prayer pattern “You are worthy because…” and “I am needy because…” (use the models below, or put them in your own words)
- Share this with someone else
I AM THE SALT OF THE EARTH AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.
Matthew 5:13-14—“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.”
- You are worthy, Lord, because You are the true Light. You are the Source of any flavor my life might have.
- I am needy, Lord, because I have no light in myself apart from You. I have no flavor in my life apart from You. You must fill me and control me in order for my life to be effective!